Saturday, November 23, 2013

Oreo Turkeys

There are a few different ways to make Oreo turkeys.  One of my 1st grade teammates introduced me to this activity!  The students loved it!
You will need these ingredients...







You can use these wooden sticks or plastic spoons to help spread the icing on the oreo.
Each student gets 1 oreo ( I usually twist it for them b/c they break easily) They take their wooden stick and 
dip it in the icing and spread it on one side of each of the oreo sides.  I help them place the side without the white icing up and press down into the white icing of the side that is down. They take 3 or 4 candy corns and place them on the oreo standing up.  They then take a whopper for the turkey's body and place it as shown below.  I cut the hot tamale in half and they place it near the whopper body and it is supposed to be the turkey neck.  After it is done, I let them eat it!  They really enjoy it.  There are a few different ways to do the Oreo turkey!

!

No comments:

Post a Comment